Railway Modelling Courses
Course Dates in 2017:
25th and 26th April
2nd and 3rd May
12th and 13th September
3rd and 4th October
To register your interest please contact us by phone on 01297 21542 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact phone number and we will call you back.
A practical introduction to the core aspects of railway modelling, with expert tuition from our very own in house modellers.
Students will be shown the essential aspects of railway modelling including how to lay track and layout electrics. The course will start with a private guided tour of the PECORAMA Model Railway Exhibition to illustrate many of the techniques that will be taught.
Much of the course will be hands-on with your tutors assisting and advising you on each aspect you will be encouraged to ask questions about the topics covered.
Over the duration of the course each student will learn how to model their own section of baseboard, to include trackwork and electrics, this can then be taken away with you at the end of the course.
Day 1- Morning Session
- 9am - Meet your instructor's and take the conducted tour of the PECORAMA Model Railway Exhibition
- 10am - Introductions and information at the Station Gallery Learning Centre
- 10.15am Trackwork Techniques
- 1pm - Lunch
Day 1- Afternoon Session
- 2pm - Layout electrics theory
- 5pm Finish
Day 2 - Morning Session
- 9am - Layout electrics practical
- 1.30pm - Lunch
Day 2- Afternoon Session
- Free time to explore Pecorama and visit the Model Shop.
£215 per person.
Price will include;
- Tea/coffee breaks inthe morning and afternoon on Day 1 and the morning of Day 2.
- Lunch from menu provided on both days
- 10% Discount Voucher to spend in our well-stocked model shop during the course
- Bargain Ticket each day allowing access to all PECORAMA attractions and a train ride
- Your section of baseboard to take home with you to inspire you to start building your own model railway
Frequently asked questions:
Is there an age limit?
Yes, participants should be 18 years or over
Do I need to bring any special clothing and tools?
Yes, you will be provided with a short list of necessary items prior to your course
How many participants will there be on each course?
There will be a maximum of 12.
When are the courses available?
As dates become available they will be posted on this page of the website
Can I book on behalf of someone else?
Yes, this course makes an ideal present
How do I book?
Please contact us on 01297 21542 ext 261 and ask for Andrew Beard.
If I have any technical questions who can I speak to?
Please ring us on 01297 21542 ext 261 and ask for Andrew Beard who will be one of your course tutors.
Terms and Conditions:
50% Deposit payable on booking. Balance to be paid no later than 14 days prior to course date.
Refunds for cancellations will be considered up to 48 hours prior to the course, where after a maximum of 50% refund may be given.